Sunday, April 10, 2016

Production Report 1

In this post I'll be showing how some of my content from my outline was adapted for my rough-cut.

Audience Questions

How did you decide to use form to present your content in the raw material you’ve shared here? How did the conventions of your chosen genre influence your choices?


- I changed my content outline's opening from bullet points and ideas into an introductory paragraph for my essay.
- I decided to introduce ideas that would back up my thesis, without going into too much detail because I'm saving the discussion for the other body paragraphs. 

How did the production of this raw material go? What kinds of any hiccups, challenges, successes, creative epiphanies, etc. occurred during the process?

- The writing comes pretty natural for me, but I'm too focused and worried about organization of ideas that it stops me from writing.


Outline Item:

Opening:

-grab attention by being open and honest to set the tone for rest of essay
-Sexuality and Sex ed Background in America
-Things that have a negative impact on teen girls
-Peggy's Book: GIrls & Sex

Thesis: The conversation of sex, especially in regards to female sexuality, needs to change. There needs to be a shift in concern for girls because they've been mislead, as a result of America's societal and cultural pressures and misconceptions.

Adaption of Outline Item:


When I was little, my sleep-away camp required my mom to fill out a personality sheet of sorts for me. “What is one word to describe your camper?” Each year she wrote the same word. Just. Ever since then, I can remember I have had a strong sense of justice and wanted to teach and enlighten anyone I could on an issue. I wanted to be a teacher who could especially teach my friends. I see this desire of mine play out even now that I am in college, where I often hear the worst stories from my friends about college hook-ups gone wrong, or girls squirming at the idea of talking about healthy sex and sexuality. “I do it because he likes it,” “I just wait for it to be over,” “I never say anything.” This triggers a sourness in my stomach; an actual pang that once made my eyes water. Girls laugh awkwardly at how irate I can get over it. Some do not understand my feelings, and that is the direct result of a major problem in society. I truly think that there needs to be a change in the way we discuss sexuality with everyone, especially adolescents, because there are too many misinformed and uniformed teens. 

No comments:

Post a Comment