Friday, February 12, 2016

Peer Review 2

Peer review was so helpful. My peers were very honest and that's so crucial. They also made me feel great about the areas they thought I did well in. And pointed out some areas that needed work, that I otherwise would not have caught. In this blog post I will discuss what I learned and what my draft's strengths and weaknesses are.

Kumura, Yumi. "So happy smiling cat" 11/29/2009 via wikimedia. CC BY-SA 2.0 License.
1. What did you learn about your own project (or the project in general) by comparing drafts of the same project in different genres?
I learned that I need to master the QRG conventions. Olivia's QRG had a lot more white space and was visually appealing, if I broke up my paragraphs, eliminated some wordy parts, and added graphics, I would be in good shape. Nick's draft was a podcast, but I can take from him that the "flow" of the story is really important. I need to make sure my sections in my QRG are chronological and make sense.
2. I want you to plan on doing revision between now and our next class meeting on Tuesday. Tell me the top three issues or problems with your draft in its current form and what you plan on doing over the weekend to address those issues.
My top three issues with my draft at the moment is:
QRG form/conventions- I need to add graphics, links, color, and work on paragraph organization/paragraph length
stakeholders- develop the republican party more, add the democratic perspective, and go back to my descriptions and take out the bias that's present, 
Lastly, I need to make sure I am clearly getting across the rhetorical situation-  I want to work on how my project portrays the purpose.
3. Tell me the top three strengths of your draft. How/why are these things strengths? How will you build on them to make the rest opf the draft as strong?
The top 3 strengths of my draft:
1. My voice- I show clear passion for the topic in my writing, it does not lack enthusiasm and audience will stay engaged or appreciate it more.
2. My elaboration on quotes- these are important because they are the specific claims from the two main opposing stakeholders, Daleiden and Planned Parenthood, and my clear break down of them makes it a lot easier for reader's to understand the argument. 
3. My descriptive detail- although at times I have a block of text with probably overwhelming info, other times like describing Daleiden's appearance and the restaurant setting, it's powerfully vivid for readers.


No comments:

Post a Comment