Sunday, February 21, 2016

Local Revision: Pronoun Usage

In this post I will answer questions pertaining to my post on the pronouns I used in Project 1. These two posts are a lot simpler and direct, compared to the verb ones.

1. Based on your analysis, how effective is your pronoun usage in Project 1? What does actively examining your pronoun usage tell you about your writing syle?

I think my pronoun use is not too excessive. Something I like is that I found that I say the actual names of people, like Dr. Nucatola, David Daleiden, and Planned Parenthood a lot more than the respective pronouns. I think it is very easy to follow my QRG because of that. 

2. Are there any instances in your project where you speak to or refer directly to the audience? If so, how effective are these moments at creating a bond or connection between audience and author? If not, why not? Explain why you're choosing to leave your audience out of your writing. There's nothing wrong with that, per se, but you should be able to give a sophisticated explanation of your choices.

I speak to the audience a lot- especially in my question and answer style throughout the QRG. It definitely builds a connection, in my opinion. Also, by saying "you" and "us/we" I directly involve the readers, making them feel a slight responsibility, like they should listen or realize that this event is relevant. 

Unsplash." Typewriter Book Notebook Paper Writing Write" 6/15,via pixabay. CC0 Public Domain.

No comments:

Post a Comment