Sunday, March 27, 2016

Reflection on Project 2


I am happy with project 2, although the podcast genre was very difficult to work with for this one, I think I did a good job.

1. What were some of the successes (or, things that went right) during this week’s process work? Explain, with evidence

I think my project finally came together with the addition of music for my intro and throughout my podcast in the background. Music definitely makes the podcast sound more legit, and engages the listeners. I was nervous that the music I'd include would sound cheesy to someone, and that would be a huge failure to me, but I'm feeling confident about it. I'm also happy about my rhetorical analysis for each example, and my intro is very strong- I was told by a friend that my voice sounded very "newscaster-y" and I took that to be a good sign !!

2. What were some of the challenges (or, things that went wrong) during this week’s process work? Explain, with evidence.

I was worried about my transitions, and audio from interviews that I cut off (when the speaker wasn't finished answering a question, but I couldn't use their whole answer) would sound awkward.. I hoped that the addition of music would make it flow better, but we shall see. Also, I am not that happy with my novel genre example by Monica Casper just because I definitely could've made the analysis better by using my own dialogue to explain/elaborate, but instead, I kept a lot of her audio from our interview and I think it's kind of confusing to understand the point.

3. How do you think next week will go, based on your experiences this week?

I procrastinated heavily in some parts, and I hope I don't do that for this next project.. but it might very well happen and I'll have to play catch up, unfortunately. As the semester is coming to an end my motivation sometimes dwindles.

4. How are you feeling about the project overall at this point?


    I have to remember that I'm not professional, and it takes practice to really master a genre that you're unfamiliar with. So with that in mind I'm pretty thrilled about my podcast, I just hope it keeps the listener's attention and is at least a little easy to follow and understand everything, like my purpose/project's purpose.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment