Friday, March 11, 2016

Production Report 8b

For this post I will discuss my outline and some of the content I have in my rough draft.

All of the projects need credibility and authorial control but the podcast has limitations, I need to evaluate how one discusses or presents professionally in the podcast genre. I have to organize audio from interviews, pick which bits are necessary, which can be cut, and which might be a successful addition and conveying specific examples, and messages are difficult when the audience cannot see anything, only hear.

-I was really stressing over perfecting my genre examples. I fell behind because I procrastinated when I realized the project and timing was becoming overwhelming

outline --I had a lot of info from my interviewees that I wanted to incorporate, I decided in the transcript document that I could use Monica's interview answer about online journals to make my intro to journal articles as a genre more interesting--transcript (adaption of outline item, cannot upload garage band audio podcast segment)

here's a part of my transcript, it is my introduction:


Podcast


“Scholars of GWS: If We Write, They Will Follow”




~opening music, or a clip that relates to a theme (sends message)


Intro:
2016 Is no short of controversies surrounding gender, race, class and sexuality. Some issues from even before my time are still up for debate. Activism now, and always will, be necessary, proving the gender and women’s studies major to be extremely valuable in the years to come.


  • Thesis/Point- Professionals in the field know this to be true. And the work they produce implements new ways of thinking which are required for the desired changes in society.


...My name’s Veronica Funess and I reached out to four academics here at the U of A, for their expertise in gender and women’s studies, so I could familiarize myself with two specific genres that professionals encounter which are  journal articles & novels


In the segment ”__” i will discuss these genres and how they are rhetorically situated

****ADD: “with the help of my friend Tori Varello"



No comments:

Post a Comment