Sunday, January 31, 2016

Considering Genre

This is an important step in project 1 because it takes time to decide on a genre. There is a lot that must be taken into account once I commit to a genre- I want to pick the genre I can work with most easily and effectively for my media story. 

1. What genre are you going to commit to for Project 1? Why?

I am still deciding on the genre. I was thinking about going for the standard essay because it's what I'm most familiar with. However, I think project 1 could be done really creatively if I choose a different genre... it's going to depend on which genre I am ready to explore and comfortable with.  I might do a QRF.

2. What genre conventions from your chosen genre are you planning on developing during next week's Production phase? What do you plan to do with the genre conventions that will help you accomplish the purpose of the project most effectively?

Before next week's production phase I plan on committing to a genre and researching it's conventions and required materials immediately. If I do go with the standard essay, though, I will begin sorting my information and organizing an outline. If I pick a QRF, I know it is more intimidating because there are graphics involved, but I don't think I need to figure those out right away. I'd start by making a simple layout

3. How are you feeling about Project 1 going in to the Production phase? What challenges do you anticipate next week as you create content for the project?

I realized I procrastinated because I could not get myself to begin the blog posts/early research and I don't know why. I think I was a little verklempt/overwhelmed. I won't have this attitude down the line once I'm more confident in my story and research because that will keep me working diligently. 

Billooh~commonswiki. "Chilly Chill LENCH MOB Throwing The W's" 4/14/10 via Wikipedia.  CC BY-SA 3.0 License

No comments:

Post a Comment